Subscription statuses (users)
There are six subscription statuses for users. These are:
- Never: users who have created an account but have never had subscription access.
- In trial: users who have signed up and are in a trial period.
- Active: users with an active subscription who are not in a trial period.
- Leaving: users who have cancelled but still have access until the end of the current billing period.
- On hold: users who have subscribed but don't have access because of an unpaid invoice.
- Former: users who have cancelled and no longer have access.
Syncing statuses with Zapier
If you use a third-party tool to manage subscriptions (e.g. MemberPress, ThriveCart, Kajabi) then you should keep the status in sync by setting up the relevant Zapier connections. As a minimum, we recommend adding a Zap when a new user signs-up and when a user's subscription expires.
Editing subscription statuses
You can manually change a user's subscription status to Active, On hold and Former in your settings.